Re: [fw-wiz] Stop using dorkslayers.com RBLs now

From: R. DuFresne (dufresne_at_sysinfo.com)
Date: 09/17/03

    To: Mikael Olsson <mikael.olsson@clavister.com>
    Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:32:39 -0400 (EDT)

    I was wondering how long before someone mentioned some of the snippityness
    of verisign lately. They seem to be upset over the use of the
    geektools.com and thur.de whois querying tools:

    -- From: whois.networksolutions.com:43

    NOTICE AND TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our
    WHOIS
    database through the use of high-volume, automated, electronic processes.
    The
    Data in Network Solutions' WHOIS database is provided by Network Solutions
    for information
    purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information about or
    related
    to a domain name registration record. Network Solutions does not guarantee
    its accuracy.

    it was broken for a short time, then apprently fixed, not sure if this fix
    was on the verisign end of the thur/geektools side.

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne

    --
            admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com