[fw-wiz] Allied Telesyn AR450S

From: Tomasz Ramsza (tomasz.ramsza_at_cc.com.pl)
Date: 09/16/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:17:47 +0200

    Hello all,

    One of my customers wants to test this router (Allied Telesyn AR450S) as
    a firewall. Since I don't know it I'd like to ask a few questions, maybe
    someone has any experience.

    Questions:

    1. Allied Telesyn says that this router has Stateful Inspection Firewall
    and IPSEC certified by ICSALabs but there is no Allied Telesyn product
    on icsalabs.com ?

    2. Did anyone used it ? Any opinions ?

    3. The box has 3 ETH interfaces (WAN, DMZ, LAN) but LAN is really a 5
    port 10/100 switch with VLAN capabilites so Allied Telesyn says you can
    have more DMZ on this VLANs ? Any opinions about this ?

    Thanks in advance for any opinions,

    Tomek