[fw-wiz] Allied Telesyn AR450S

From: Tomasz Ramsza (tomasz.ramsza_at_cc.com.pl)
Date: 09/16/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:17:47 +0200

    Hello all,

    One of my customers wants to test this router (Allied Telesyn AR450S) as
    a firewall. Since I don't know it I'd like to ask a few questions, maybe
    someone has any experience.

    Questions:

    1. Allied Telesyn says that this router has Stateful Inspection Firewall
    and IPSEC certified by ICSALabs but there is no Allied Telesyn product
    on icsalabs.com ?

    2. Did anyone used it ? Any opinions ?

    3. The box has 3 ETH interfaces (WAN, DMZ, LAN) but LAN is really a 5
    port 10/100 switch with VLAN capabilites so Allied Telesyn says you can
    have more DMZ on this VLANs ? Any opinions about this ?

    Thanks in advance for any opinions,

    Tomek

    • Re: A question that has been asked a 100 times before
      ... > Open port scans were showing all ports as stealthed. ... > I have recently bought a US Robotics 5461 router. ... > know very little about it and don't yet know how to set up a firewall. ... the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: router
      ... firewall software on a firewall is A Bad Idea), ... *nix box can be more versatile, by including things like DMZ routing ... the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily ... While it's unlikely that my Zyxel-based Netgear router or a generic *nix ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Software Firewall NAT Router or Both
      ... >>Without the router its your pc that is being tested. ... >>I would run both and also look at configuring the router to show all ... The firewall also gives application control on outbound ... the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] Allied Telesyn AR450S
      ... the 1.0B testing program. ... Allied Telesyn says that this router has Stateful Inspection Firewall ... port 10/100 switch with VLAN capabilites so Allied Telesyn says you can ... Any opinions about this? ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)