[fw-wiz] Sniffing DSL Connection

Jeff_Lopes_at_groove.net
Date: 09/12/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:45:57 -0400

    My home network setup is quite common. It is as follows:

    DSL Modem ---> Linksys Router ---> Internal Machines

    In an attempt to sniff traffic going to and from the linksys router ... I
    added a hub:

    DSL Modem ---> Hub ---> Linksys Router ---> Internal Machines

    I then put a Linux machine on the hub and ran ethereal. No traffic!

    Any thoughts?

    Jeff

    • Re: [fw-wiz] Sniffing DSL Connection
      ... > In an attempt to sniff traffic going to and from the linksys router ... ... > I then put a Linux machine on the hub and ran ethereal. ... Do you have a real IP address from the DSL modem, or does your Linksys do PPPOE? ... If you multihome the Linux machine, you should be able to do PPPOE on one ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: host cant attach to small network
      ... > linksys router. ... Be careful about using the uplink port on the hub. ... chaining another hub or switch. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: crossover cable???
      ... a transmit to go directly to the receive without the need of a hub / switch. ... One of its most common uses is to allow a single cable to connect two ...
    • Windows 2003 Enterprise Server as external ip router?
      ... I have 8 ips assigned by my isp, I want to use some of them for web hosting ... Currently I have a Linksys router which is handling my internet ... DSL Modem to nic number 1, nic number 2 to a hub and the ... Can W2K3 do the routing? ...
    • Re: Durable Rims for Road Wheels - Recommendations?
      ... All lengths (or as many as one would need for a common ... rim and hub combo). ... $50 or more per wheel!?! ...
      (rec.bicycles.tech)