[fw-wiz] PIX 515 and Cisco VPN client from inside

From: Marko Kupiainen (marko.kupiainen_at_microcraft.se)
Date: 08/29/03

    To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:35:00 +0200

    Hi everyone

    Im new to the list and apologize if this question being asked before.
    I read through 2003 archives and couldnt find anything similar.

    Our company uses a PIX 515 with 3 legs, OUTSIDE, DMZ and INSIDE
    We have users doing VPN tunnels from their homes with Cisco VPN client 4 and
    terminating the tunnels at the PIX. This works great.
    But we cant create tunnels from INSIDE and terminating at other customers
    endpoints. The tunnels are easily created if we work outside our PIX.
    The PIX 515 do PAT for all INSIDE connections using outside interface IP.
    Is there any hooks when doing VPN over PAT with Cisco clients ?

    regards
    Marko Kupiainen
    CIO Microcraft AB

    • RE: [fw-wiz] PIX 515 and Cisco VPN client from inside
      ... Regards, ... Our company uses a PIX 515 with 3 legs, OUTSIDE, DMZ and INSIDE We have ... users doing VPN tunnels from their homes with Cisco VPN client 4 and ... terminating the tunnels at the PIX. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] PIX 515 and Cisco VPN client from inside
      ... >We have users doing VPN tunnels from their homes with Cisco VPN client 4 and ... >terminating the tunnels at the PIX. ... The tunnels are easily created if we work outside our PIX. ... problems with the nat traffic. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: PIX to PIX VPN problem
      ... I am trying to establish a VPN tunnel between 2 PIX 506E's. ... Crypto map tag: CRYPTO_MAP, local addr. ... fixup protocol dns maximum-length 700 ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: VPN Assistance
      ... This will expose port 1723 on th Pix to only these ... Glad it's working - now try to convince the client that using the Cisco ... client is more secure than using PPTP. ... IPSec VPN ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • VPN - Cisco PIX to Checkpoing FW-1 troubleshooting
      ... I was trying to establish VPN between a pix and a checkpoint. ... isakmp policy 10 authentication pre-share ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)