[fw-wiz] pix 501 as bridge firewall. Possible?

From: Paul Matuszewski (sase_at_five-elements.com)
Date: 08/18/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 01:37:05 -0500

    Hey all,
    I've used Pix's as NAT'ing firewalls specifying different address pools on
    different interfaces on 10k situations.. works flawlessly. However,
    whenever I am doing any kind of situation where I need the internal network
    has public IP space.. I use packet filtering on a router.

    So my question is as follows, is the following situation possible:

    OUTSIDE: 192.168.1.0/24
    INSIDE: 192.168.2.0/24
    Outside network communicates directly with inside IP's and vica versa with
    NO natting.

    Is that possible? or am I missing something here?

    Thanks.

    Paul Matuszewski
    Systems Administration
    In Office Networks