[fw-wiz] pix firewall config quest

From: Don Burgess (don_burgess_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/07/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 00:44:20 -0700

    sorry for this being such a basic question, but i am using a PIX to learn,
    and i am trying to fingure out how to forward a port from the incoming
    interface to a internal ip..

    here is the basic scenario
    pix 506e
    internal pat 192.168.1.0
    external interface address in my test setup is 10.10.1.208
    internal ip that i want to access the port of 192.168.1.10
    port that i want to access 3000

    any help in the config to use would be GREATLY appreciated

    • RE: [fw-wiz] pix firewall config quest
      ... sorry for this being such a basic question, but i am using a PIX to learn, ... and i am trying to fingure out how to forward a port from the incoming ... If you are not the intended recipient, ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: Open port PIX 501
      ... :i can't open the port in my PIX. ... :I need open the port 1000 to point to the IP 10.254.254.222. ... in practice only DNS servers doing zone transfers need tcp. ... of UDP, it would be a highly unusual client which did not stick ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: Testing A Cisco PIX 501
      ... and it uses let's say 53 DNS port or HTTP 80 port ... Optionally write a test bench. ... I would like to, for example, be safer from trojans. ... my PIX, my PC is also cabled to the PIX and my wireless router is also ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] ? re: PIX port translation config
      ... however inorder to perform the port mapping you need to use the following ... Also make sure you do not have 'sysopt noproxyarp dmz' defined or the pix ... wont proxy arp on that interface. ... > and need assistence with the config. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: Allowing icomming connections?
      ... >I am suspecting that one of my users is allowing an Internet IP Addy ... I see many of the below lines (PIX log) where the UDP ... Port on C.C.C.C remains constant as well, ... ports on A.A.A.A increment and that that tells you "that NAT remains active". ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)