RE: [fw-wiz] Off topic: Any one know of a good IPV6 reference book?

From: Christopher Hicks (chicks_at_chicks.net)
Date: 07/28/03

    To: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr@ranum.com>
    Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:18:18 -0400 (EDT)

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, ever colorful Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
    > IPV6 is gonna be like ISO protocols all over again: what if they gave a
    > protocol and nobody came?

    Well I don't lose sleep over ISO-based deployments. Do you? ;)

    But has anyone who's deployed on a non-trivial scale (say 100 hosts and
    routers or something like that) and found that it was that awful to
    deploy? What I've read doesn't make it sound too terribly difficult to
    get going from a pure-Linux perspective. I don't have Cisco routers so I
    don't have to worry about that. And Microsoft supposedly supports it now.
    How hard does it all turn out to be though?

    --
    </chris>
    If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them