RE: [fw-wiz] linux firewall

From: Melson, Paul (
Date: 07/08/03

    To: "Gareth Slaven <>" <>, <>
    Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:06:43 -0400

    I've deployed both Astaro and Mandrake Single Network Firewall (now defunct, replaced by Multi Network Firewall). They're both stable, robust systems with nice web management interfaces. I would not recommend either of these to someone with no Linux background, however, as troubleshooting will almost certainly require someone to access a bash prompt, interact with services, and edit files with `vi`.

    Also, for those who haven't seen this already, there's an interesting article from SysAdmin about using a halted Linux kernel as a secure packet filtering firewall. (

    firewall-wizards mailing list