[fw-wiz] dynamic service port

From: Norman Zhang (nzhang_at_arkon-group.com)
Date: 07/03/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:25:17 -0700

    Hi,

    Symantec Corporate Edition 8 generates RTVSCAN (source port 2967) broadcast
    to the network. I would like to drop packets that hit the firewall so my log
    won't get polluted. However RTVSCAN will use a dynamic service port if
    static service port fails. How do I get NG to drop the packets before fw?

    e.g.,

    any->any->any->2967->drop-None

    Regards,
    Norman

    • Re: iptables and dhcp
      ... > the same physical network segment as the firewall and the remote DHCP ... You used INPUT and not FORWARD chain ... # This target allows packets to be marked in the mangle table ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Trouble accessing Outlook Web Access from behind firewall
      ... When starting the firewall I also set ... > rejected and dropped packets are logged, however I see nothing in my log ... > # Higher ports needed to accept incoming/outgoing calls ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Visnetic and 8signs firewall LOOPHOLE Read....
      ... I said I am just reporting bug in your Firewall, ... From the Port Scan/Properties control screen: ... The firewall filtered 100% of the packets that were received. ... operating system (I'm talking Windows, ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: port 80 is open
      ... The firewall drops all packets initiated ... > internet the ISP router does not send the unreachable message. ... and then close the connection as your IP is seen as not connected. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: strange network traffic
      ... Maybe not so wise to not have a firewall and trust a third party lurker to ... Subject: strange network traffic ... > -> connection established, following packets have neither SYN nor ...
      (Security-Basics)