Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco VPN Client "Stateful Firewall (Always On)"

From: Marcus J. Ranum (mjr_at_ranum.com)
Date: 07/02/03

    To: "Crissup, John (MBNP is)" <John.Crissup@us.millwardbrown.com>, "'firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com'" <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:15:33 -0400

    > Need some opinions on a firewall solution for our notebook computers.

    I _really_ like this one personal firewall called "Tiny Personal Firewall"
    from Tiny Software. It used to be a very bare-bones, efficient, and free
    solution and (best of all!) it knew how to syslog events to a server.
    I think they charge for it now and have added features. They used to
    have a thing called "Tiny Trojan Trap" that would let you "jail"
    applications (like Outlook...) so they could only read/write to a single
    directory, etc. I think the personal firewall now includes a mix of
    features.

    Worth looking into, in my opinion...

    mjr.

    • Re: MS Exchange server on FreeBSD?
      ... And he surely knows what all of the features of Exchange ... Create a server platform that is modular ... Monopolies aren't necessarily bad, it's when they abuse that position ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Anthonys drive issues.Re: ssh password delay
      ... If you consider a change in firmware to be a hardware problem, ... > controller that the system disk is on, ... and all the other proprietary little features. ... I'm pleased that I built my current server myself out of stuff bought ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: FP 2003 what features to use
      ... using the dynamic web templates/ editable regions would be great for your ... > Our server will not have FP extensions or any ODBC/ASP/IIS stuff. ... > just doing server updates manually with a separate FTP program? ... > Any comments on these or other features would be appreciated. ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
    • Re: VS 6 to VS.Net justification
      ... I am concerned, however, that we are using Sql Server 2005. ... it has some really good new features. ... you will not see much improvement over VS6. ... tools before they are completed is (i.e. service packs and fixes), ...
      (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
    • Re: Accuracer C/S Database?
      ... > features supported by the data dictionary. ... > know, NXDB does not support the features that I mentioned, i.e. view, ... > or API without making any change to the server. ... named implementations of a certain base class (like record engine, ...