Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco VPN Client "Stateful Firewall (Always On)"

From: Marcus J. Ranum (
Date: 07/02/03

    To: "Crissup, John (MBNP is)" <>, "''" <>
    Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:15:33 -0400

    > Need some opinions on a firewall solution for our notebook computers.

    I _really_ like this one personal firewall called "Tiny Personal Firewall"
    from Tiny Software. It used to be a very bare-bones, efficient, and free
    solution and (best of all!) it knew how to syslog events to a server.
    I think they charge for it now and have added features. They used to
    have a thing called "Tiny Trojan Trap" that would let you "jail"
    applications (like Outlook...) so they could only read/write to a single
    directory, etc. I think the personal firewall now includes a mix of

    Worth looking into, in my opinion...

    firewall-wizards mailing list