Re: [fw-wiz] Blocking Kazaa

From: Paul Armstrong (army_at_cyber.com.au)
Date: 06/26/03

    To: Dante Fressone <FressoneD@officenet.com>
    Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:04:06 +1000

    On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 03:20:54PM -0300, Dante Fressone wrote:
    > Hi, I want to block kazaa from my pix fw blocking port 1214 TCP, but it
    > seems like it's using port 80 now,,,,and I can't drop that port because web
    > wont work.....
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Use a HTTP proxy such as Squid and only allow traffic to port 80 from the
    proxy.

    This has other advantages such as faster response time for cached objects,
    general filtering (e.g. if your policy says people aren't allowed to download
    anything with a .vbs extension) and will save you money if you pay by the byte
    (or if you pay for pipe size and the traffic reduction means you don't need
    such a large pipe).

    Paul

    • Re: Morning Watch Smoke; August 19, 2005
      ... > It is nearly three bells here in the great Port of Columbus. ... > The pipe in handling Dunhill's Nightcap very well. ... Frenchy Savinelli with a parfait of Luxury Twist Flake and Caravan. ...
      (alt.smokers.pipes)
    • Re: Morning Watch Smoke; October 2, 2005
      ... >The watch changes here in the Port of Columbus as eight bells strike. ... >Sailorman Jack ... pipe has a reddish finish with an unusual floc. ...
      (alt.smokers.pipes)
    • Morning Watch Smoke; December 1, 2005
      ... The morning watch begins once again. ... deck in the Port of Columbus. ... This makes my first pipe even more ...
      (alt.smokers.pipes)
    • Re: Morning Watch Smoke; August 17, 2005
      ... > It's just past one bell in the watch here in the Port of Columbus. ... Good Morning Sailorman Jack and ASP ... the pipe, I would get it. ...
      (alt.smokers.pipes)
    • Re: Morning Watch Smoke; August 17, 2005
      ... > It's just past one bell in the watch here in the Port of Columbus. ... I like the pipe; but it is a ... > Sailorman Jack ...
      (alt.smokers.pipes)