RE: [fw-wiz] HTTPS, proxies, and remote developers.

From: Hilal Hussein (hilalma_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/18/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:03:14 +0000

    Dear All,

    I am using a software that will probe the ip connection to the internet, and
    report about the status of the ports " either opened, closed, or stealth"

    the software called IP Agent, which when executing will open the link
    "http://grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1bi2l2=ryroe2p0" and result will be shown.

    I applied the above procedure in a proxy server in my company, win2k +
    Internet sharing (ISA) + winroute (as a firewall), and the result after
    probing the real ip giving by ISP1 was that all ports are stealth.

    based on this result, i would like to ask the following questions:
    Q1: Is winroute is one of the best firewall in term of packet filtering, NAT
    ?

    Q2: is there anyone who already used the IPAgent software, so can tell me
    about the accuracy of this software? and is there any other software that
    works for the internet connection security analysis in the workstation?

    Q3: is there anyway to do the internet connection security analysis to a PIX
    firewall ?

    Notice, in my company, i have two ISP's. one directly connected to the proxy
    server (win2k, isa, winroute), and the other is connected directly through
    the PIX Firewall.

    Your comments & feedback are really appreciated,

    with regards,

    Hilal Hussein

    • Re: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2s Firewall
      ... Subject: AW: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2's Firewall ... If you update a WinXP SP-1 with enabled Internet ... Connection Firewall ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Big hole??
      ... > firewall then even they can't get in, ... > supposedly safe SP2 for Windows XP invites any Internet ... > Connection Sharing of the PC has to be disabled. ... > in fact is a common configuration and not a rare sight. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Big hole??
      ... do you run a firewall? ... supposedly safe SP2 for Windows XP invites any Internet ... Connection Sharing of the PC has to be disabled. ... visible in their network at home: ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • RE: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2s Firewall
      ... file and printer sharing is available for network login from any network (I ... Internet Connection Sharing of the PC has to be disabled." ... Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2's Firewall ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: XP firewall
      ... I'm using XP Home Firewall but heard it does not stop ... My Norton PF2002 went out on ... I suspect I'm on my last version of Norton Internet Security ... application will use your browser to make an Internet connection (if you ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)