[fw-wiz] New List - SSL-TLS Public Discussion

From: Monkman, Brian (bmonkman_at_icsalabs.com)
Date: 06/17/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:41:35 -0400

    A new list for the discussion of SSL-TLS issues and technology has
    been created. The purpose of the list is to provide you with a
    moderated SSL, TLS and security related list that is more like a
    journal than a public soapbox. SSL-LIST will not be cluttered with
    spam, flames or other non-list related traffic. The addresses of the
    list members will not be made available for any purpose other than
    maintaining the list. This is because we feel your participation on
    this list is your decision and should not be an invitation to
    unnecessary junk mail.

    This list is hosted by ICSA Labs, an independent division of
    TruSecure Corporation.

    To keep list volume low and signal to noise ratio high, this list
    will be moderated, approving and publishing postings on an
    approximately daily or more frequent basis.

    Commercial postings will be discouraged unless they are of high
    technical content. I.e.: it is OK to post a description of a product
    or how a product could help solve a problem. It is NOT OK to follow
    up to postings saying "buy our thing! it does that!"

    The following vendors are currently subscribed to SSL-LIST:

    ArrayNetworks
    Aspelle
    AT&T
    Aventail Corporation
    Cisco Systems
    Intoto
    Motivus Software
    Neoteris
    NETGEAR
    Netilla Networks
    NetScaler
    NetScreen Technologies
    Nortel Networks
    Novell Networks
    Rainbow Technologies
    SafeWeb
    Secure Computing
    Stonesoft
    uRoam Corporation
    Watchguard
    Whale Communications
    Zyxel

    More information, and a form to submit a subscription request, can be
    found at:

    Best regards,

    Brian Monkman
    Technology Programs Manager
    ICSA Labs
    1000 Bent Creek Blvd., Suite 200
    Mechanicsburg PA 17050
    Phone:717.790.8141 Fax:717.790.8170
    E-mail: bmonkman@icsalabs.com
    AIM: bmonkman03 Web: www.icsalabs.com
    PGP Key ID: 0x7E54D5CD

    • Re: Avmap EKP-IV Linux Project!!!
      ... that your violation was wilful and the you gained financially. ... not be in violation of subsection. ... may not be used for any other purpose. ... to the public, provide, or otherwise traffic in any technology, product, ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: Implementing a GIS.
      ... Being a little bit more specific in the purpose of the system helps you create a list of requirements of the system, and helps you develop a list of data that should be in the system. ... From here you can start deciding on a raster or vector approach, and what the best choice of technology is. ... I was thinking of doing a project on Geographic Information Systems. ... I am not able to find anybody who is experienced in implementing GIS based applications. ...
      (comp.infosystems.gis)
    • Re: Steve our posts have been deleted!!!!!
      ... "This new technology looks interesting, is it going to be fit for purpose. ... Perhaps we should wait a few more years for a newer technology that will be fit for purpose. ...
      (alt.radio.digital)
    • Re: Server Logic
      ... Is that not the purpose of technology? ... > You aer trying to use technology to solve a human problem. ... >> Thanks for the suggestion but my users seem to be married to thier pst ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.design)
    • Re: [geek] was [Moderate geek. . .]
      ... I suspect the technology was different, though (ie not TTL). ... I'm no electronics expert, but my dabblings suggest that it's not all that ... PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx for full key ...
      (uk.misc)