[fw-wiz] VA vs PT tool

SimonChan_at_lifeisgreat.com.sg
Date: 06/13/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:58:30 +0800

    Hi fw-wiz,

    i posted some time on the list a couple of months back for some
    recommendations on a good VA tool.

    The bulk of the responses pointed to ISS, NetRecon and Vigilante.

    However, a VA tool is limited, in that it only stops at the vulnerability.

    I'm looking at a Pen Test tool that not only does the VA functionality but
    also exploit the vulnerability thus
    defining it as a real THREAT and not just a vulnerability.

    Is there a widely accepted tool on the market right now ?

    Rgds,

    Simon Chan, MCP/MCSA/CCNA/CCSA/WCSP
    Senior Security Engineer