[fw-wiz] SMTP Proxies and Application Proxies for Lotus Domino

From: Jeff B (bolesjb_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 06/09/03

    To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:56:40 -0700

    Group:

    I'm product hunting, and out of ideas.

    I'm looking for two things, and hoping somebody can make some
    recommendations.

    1. In a current design, wouldn't mind implementing an mail proxy - at least
    SMTP gateway/relay, although Pop3 would be welcome also. Don't really need
    some complex do it all box - just looking for a standalone type component to
    isolate this function and fit into the current architecture which does most
    other stuff well. Need COTS product, opensource not possible. Interscan
    VirusWall is about the only thing I can find - don't need the virus layer,
    but might go that direction anyhow.

    2. Looking for a inbound traffic web proxy, or even an 'url scan' type
    product, for a Lotus Domino system. Currently externally hosted front-end
    web page redirects links to apps on an AS400 domino box, which is on the
    inside network, and gets traffic NAT'd and passed through the FW (this box
    is also the SMTP box). Looking to get around this and put a 'proxy' of some
    type on the DMZ. Not my ideal solution for this architecture, but
    additional AS400 or Domino box for external apps is out of the question in
    the current budget year. Proxy of some type will likely make it a little
    better. Again, need COTS, opensource not possible. Proxying domino is a
    big unknown - anybody seen/done this, or have recommendations?

    Thanks,

    Jeff B.

    • [fw-wiz] Re: SMTP Proxies and Application Proxies for Lotus Domino
      ... security functions including URL filtering, browser-side security, Air Gap ... isolation, and more. ... wouldn't mind implementing an mail proxy - at least ... for a Lotus Domino system. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Network Configuration Issue needed for Domino
      ... now we plan for the future to only have one public ip and let the ... domino work behind the proxy with only one internal nic. ... Perhaps there are some links or docs about configuration issues dor ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)