[fw-wiz] [Administrivia] Moderation, etc.

From: Paul Robertson (proberts_at_patriot.net)
Date: 06/09/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 08:56:06 -0400 (EDT)

    Well, the results are in, and by a 2:1 margin, folks voted to leave things
    as they are. Many felt that determining what would turn into an
    "interesting" thread was too unpredictable. Most long-term list
    subscribers also were in the "if it's not broke, don't fix it, and it's
    not broke." camp.

    I will be keeping down the number of one-line responses, and trying to
    keep thread length reasonable.

    Several folks suggested that a FAQ would be a good thing- and I think
    that's a great idea. The current Firewall FAQ hasn't been updated in a
    while, and having a -Wiz specific one is a good idea in any case. With
    that in mind, if anyone wants to help dig in, send me an E-mail with FAQ
    in the subject line, and a proposed FAQ entry/answer in the body. I'll
    fold, spindle and mutilate them all together into something useful and put
    the results up on the server.

    Thanks,

    Paul

    • Re: 2.6.20-rc6-mm3
      ... The table re-write broke the HP simulator -- but I think we can fix that quickly. ... The sysfs branch is what broke the button and the Altix boot. ... More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html ... Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/ ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • RE: acpi_power_off doesnt
      ... hint would be very helpfull. ... and broke in some release Z? ... More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html ... Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/ ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: All Applied micro boards are failing with current mainline kernel
      ... when it broke? ... CC'ing linuxppc-dev would have been a good idea. ... More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html ... Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/ ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: application.wait help
      ... I dont' see anything that gives me your email. ... I've tried switching my ... view options and even broke down and read the FAQ.. ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
    • Re: Help you start and finish - writing your novel
      ... Newcomer's FAQ ... Ooops, it looks like you broke one of our rules. ... I'm guessing you ...
      (rec.arts.sf.composition)