[fw-wiz] PIX501 PAT and Static NAT problems

From: Aidan O'Rawe (a.orawe_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: 06/01/03

    To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:36:12 +0100

    Hi,

    I'm having a bit of trouble with a PIX501, I have issued the following
    commands to allow all the internal users to connect through the PIX to the
    outside:

    nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0
    global (outside) 1 interface

    Everything works fine untill I add a static for an internal web server, then
    all internal users can't get to the outside of the PIX anymore. I
    configured this with the
    following commands:

    static (inside,outside) <External IP> 192.168.1.2 0 8
    conduit permit tcp host <External IP> eq 80 any

    Does anyone know the right way to go about configuring this properly?

    TIA

    Arj.