Re: [fw-wiz] traffic analysis

From: R. DuFresne (dufresne_at_sysinfo.com)
Date: 05/28/03

    To: Loxat White <loxatwhite@yahoo.com>
    Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 16:37:00 -0400 (EDT)

    In the unix world, sed/awk/grep are your friends, iin the windows world
    there are ports of those unix tools that can help in this area...of
    course, some are adverse to rolling their own and prefer preinvented
    wheels to work with. But, they sometimes tend to give up specifics of
    functionality that a handrolled method can proviide. It depends upon the
    time and resources one wishes to push that way, though this does not sound
    like too resource intensive of a task.

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne

    On Wed, 28 May 2003, Loxat White wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > i am looking for a log analysis tool, i need to
    > extarct the source and the destenation info. from log
    > file collected by syslog program from a firewall,
    > the analysis will help me in detecting what policies i
    > should keep put in the firewall.
    > thanks
    > Faisal

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                            http://sysinfo.com
    "Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
    business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                    -- Johnny Hart
    testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!

    • Re: [fw-wiz] traffic analysis
      ... Some good tools are available to analyze syslog messages in internet. ... >i am looking for a log analysis tool, ... >Do you Yahoo!? ... Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • [fw-wiz] traffic analysis
      ... i am looking for a log analysis tool, ... should keep put in the firewall. ... Do you Yahoo!? ... Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)