[fw-wiz] What challenges are security admins facing?

From: Paul Ammann (pammann_at_execomm.net)
Date: 05/26/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 07:48:42 -0700

    Hi

    I've working on the firewall security audit at my company, and I've been
    getting exposure to many different areas that I normally wouldn't. I work
    with the Check Point firewalls. I'm curious as to what people challenges
    security admin are facing.

    I'm talking things you might not normally take into consideration. For
    example, lack of communication or documentation, inaccurrate network
    drawings of firewall locations, no formal change control procedure,
    tracking temporary firewall rules, limiting access to firewall policies
    and log information, or my favorite, no procedure for when an employee has
    left the company or change job functions.

    Best regards,

    Paul