Re: [fw-wiz] FYI: PIX v6.3(1) fixed ISAKMP Renegotiation Problems

From: Brian Ford (brford_at_cisco.com)
Date: 05/20/03

    To: TSimons@Delphi-Tech.com, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:57:39 -0400

    Todd,

    I found several inaccuracies in your message.

    The article you pointed at here:
    >http://www.searchNetworking.com/tip/1,289483,sid7_gci881071,00.html

    was not published by Cisco.

    The article also has nothing to do with PIX Firewalls (or Firewalls Wizards
    but I can't fault you for poor moderation ;-) ).

    The article you pointed out claims to solve a problem by clearing the IPSec
    configuration on an Cisco IOS router. Not a PIX Firewall.

    For good information on IPSec interoperability see: http://www.icsalabs.com.

    Liberty for All,

    Brian

    At 12:00 PM 5/20/2003 -0400, firewall-wizards-request@honor.icsalabs.com wrote:
    >Message: 3
    >From: TSimons@Delphi-Tech.com
    >To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    >Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:35:46 -0400
    >Subject: [fw-wiz] FYI: PIX v6.3(1) fixed ISAKMP Renegotiation Problems
    >
    >Hello All
    >
    >I'm not sure how many of you had to deal with this, but it was real tough in
    >the SEF (aka Raptor) to PIX VPN arena...
    >
    >There was a bug in the PIX IOS that prohibited it from renegotiating
    >properly. Cisco finally owned up to it and it was released in this article:
    >http://www.searchNetworking.com/tip/1,289483,sid7_gci881071,00.html
    >
    >Those of you who work with SEF/Raptor, know that it was always a pain
    >keeping the VPNs from going stale. PIX v6.3(1) finally addresses this
    >issue. Since it was implemented we haven't seen the VPN go down once (knock
    >on wood)
    >
    >Thanks,
    >~Todd
    >__________________________________
    >Todd M. Simons
    >Senior MIS Engineer
    >Dell Tier 1 PA Technician
    >Delphi Technology, Inc.
    >New Brunswick, NJ
    >
    >God Bless America and
    > those who defend her.

    Brian Ford
    Consulting Engineer
    Corporate Consulting Engineering, Office of the Chief Technology Officer
    Cisco Systems, Inc.
    http://www.cisco.com
    e-mail: brford@cisco.com