Re: [fw-wiz] Soap - Was RPCs over HTTPS through the firewall

From: Dan Schlitt (schlitt_at_world.std.com)
Date: 05/03/03

    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 14:17:23 -0400

    I guess I've become too old. When I hear SOAP mentioned in a computer
    context I think of the first programming language I ever used. I think
    that it stood for Symbolic Optimizing Assembly Program. It was for an IBM
    machine the number of which I can't accurately recall but it had a
    rotating magnetic drum for memory. The optimization was intended to put
    the next instruction under the read head at the completion of the previous
    instruction. And you could use symbolic names! The folks in a richer
    division actually had core memory for there nearly identical machine.

    When I returned to grad school after that summer I graduated to a 704 and
    FORTRAN.

    Those were the good old days.

    /dan

    --
    Dan Schlitt
    schlitt@world.std.com

    • Re: [fw-wiz] Soap - Was RPCs over HTTPS through the firewall
      ... > context I think of the first programming language I ever used. ... > the next instruction under the read head at the completion of the previous ... > division actually had core memory for there nearly identical machine. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] Soap - Was RPCs over HTTPS through the firewall
      ... The machine you are thinking of is the IBM 650. ... > context I think of the first programming language I ever used. ... > the next instruction under the read head at the completion of ... > division actually had core memory for there nearly identical machine. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)