Re: [fw-wiz] Soap - Was RPCs over HTTPS through the firewall

From: Marcus J. Ranum (mjr_at_ranum.com)
Date: 05/02/03

    To: Mason Schmitt <hr824@sunwave.net>, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 09:52:03 -0400

    Mason Schmitt wrote:
    >What I'm curious about is whether the members of this list have any
    >concerns with soap as a method of doing RPC and whether there are any
    >firewall concerns.

    No concerns - Soap is from Microsoft, so it's OK.
    Remember, Microsoft got serious about security last year, and fixed
    all the flaws in thier code. I think they spent a whole month or something
    like that doing it. I'm sure that Soap's fine, now.

    mjr.

    • Re: [fw-wiz] Soap - Was RPCs over HTTPS through the firewall
      ... >>What I'm curious about is whether the members of this list have any ... >>concerns with soap as a method of doing RPC and whether there are any ... >No concerns - Soap is from Microsoft, ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: Consume web service using HTTP
      ... \par Microsoft Online Support ... \par set objXMLSend = Server.CreateObject ... you have to use the java specific http request ... \par> component to manually send SOAP XML http request to the .net webservice ...
    • SOAP/XML-RPC data transfer for instant messaging application
      ... i have been looking at SOAP and XML-RPC and it seems ideal for my ... (i believe jabber can make RPC calls and uses SOAP)? ... I dont want to poll the server to see if it has any data to send me, ... i would also like the connection to be persistant. ...
    • Re: Send webservice parameters by using query string from browser
      ... \par Microsoft Online Support ... As Luke has mentioned, calling webservice ... So we should always use SOAP ... \par> I need to do that because I have some clients that cannot have SOAP client ...
    • RE: .Net Framework v1.1 and MSSOAP
      ... This is not PrintMaster/Earthlink's product support newsgroup. ... MSSOAP stands for MS SOAP or Microsft SOAP or Microsoft Simple Object Access Protocol. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)