[fw-wiz] port forward question

From: Robert E. Martin (rmartin_at_fishburne.org)
Date: 04/30/03

To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:05:43 -0400

I have a web server inside a port fw box. This is a NAT box that runs
iptables to allow port forwarding to a web server. I want to run a form
script on the web server....formmail.cgi. The web server is a linux box
with sendmail. Should I have port 25 open to the world to allow this
form to work? I am kind of new to this so be gentle.

I suppose the real question here is , How do I allow sendmail to _send_
_mail_ from a dnat'd web server?

--
Robert E Martin
IT Manager

  • Re: Remote Access
    ... Please rerun CEICW, this helps up configure network and websites ... On the Web Server Certificate page shows. ... http://ipaddress/remote to access RWW, type the public IP address in the ... that if SBS is behind a router, I need to configure the port forwarding ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: LInksys WAG354G Router Woes
    ... one is my main computer and the other is my web server. ... Linksys support have been useless and want it back for inspection so I ... WEP and trouble free port forwarding? ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Apache web server being attacked
    ... There is no domain name pointing to my web server. ... But have had port 80 attacks that did not work. ... after yourself once you've generated a config file. ... This way my web site has total access by anyone who knows it's URl, the URL is scanned by yahoo and google indexing bot and becomes know to the public. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] server security
    ... I don't see how any can argue against the security value of such a configuration. ... It's unlikely, but you never know, you just might miss out on a nasty worm all because you werent running on a default port one day. ... This is a basic web server that runs email, web and a couple other things. ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Port 80
    ... If you are port forwarding from a router,, ... You are in in fact running a web server on port 80 at the indicated IP. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)