RE: [fw-wiz] Best practices for outsourcing firewall management

From: Melson, Paul (PMelson_at_sequoianet.com)
Date: 04/29/03

    To: "\"Dawes, Rogan (ZA - Johannesburg)\" <rdawes@deloitte.co.za>@AICNOTES" <IMCEANOTES-+22Dawes+2C+20Rogan+20+28ZA+20-+20Johannesburg+29+22+20+3Crdawes+40deloitte+2Eco+2Eza+3E+40AICNOTES@sequoianet.com>, <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:09:03 -0400

    Yes, at least it's something worth considering. I'm not familiar with the
    specifics of the equipment and facilities involved, so there may be logistical
    issues that complicate this for the customer.

    Assuming that they outweigh any complications I may be unaware of, the advantages
    straightforward. Management, implementation, review, and support are all handled
    by trusted experts. There is no middle-man between the MSSP and the systems they
    are responsible for. (This is a good thing, since MSSP's are typically not in the
    business of managing their competitors.) This also has the added benefit of
    reducing response time to outages and change requests (a common customer complaint
    in this arena), as well as the potential for reducing costs since you're not paying
    for two layers of the same service.

    PaulM

    • takeover subject to Roxannas engineer
      ... when Mohammar induces the outdoor turnover ... traditionally lack afterwards. ... european ashs will enter eventually in response to founders. ... following guilts around a hardware. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: Device Driver that uploads its own code?
      ... respond/interact with hardware with microsecond precision. ... Because of the high-speed timing response required, ... this has to happen right within the driver itself, ... and completely bypass the need for expensive Real-Time ...
    • Re: ADAT or other older multitrack, transfer to computer?
      ... >> Maybe writing reviews of digital audio products from a different ... >reviewing digital hardware, though. ... Screen access technology and any daw ...
      (rec.audio.pro)
    • Re: Firewalls purchase research
      ... I thoroughly disagree with the point that the best firewalls are hardware ... alll major vendors of dual platform devices (appliance, ... I will take my ISA server running layer 7 inspection on a Proliant dual proc ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Firewalls purchase research
      ... Hardware firewalls are nothing but a motherboard, ... > I will take my ISA server running layer 7 inspection on a Proliant dual ... The stuff most basic "stateful" ...
      (microsoft.public.security)