Re: [fw-wiz] PIX Licensed Connections Limit

From: Dave Rinker (firewall@dsrtech.com)
Date: 04/17/03

    From: Dave Rinker <firewall@dsrtech.com>
    To: "firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com" <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: 16 Apr 2003 21:18:36 -0400

    Alan,

    On the firewall you purchased version 4.4(5), you will need to do the
    following steps after purchasing the license code upgrade from Cisco.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/prod_installation_guide09186a00800f2561.html#32095

    You might want to purchase a newer code version with the licenses as you
    are responsible for purchasing the software when you buy hardware from a
    venue like Ebay.

    Thanks,
    Dave

    On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 20:27, Alan R. Young wrote:
    > Hey All
    >
    > I just bought a PIX 520 on ebay.
    >
    > My question is, how can the licensed connections number be changed?
    >
    > Is that a flash rom setting, or what?
    >
    > What do I do to change it to unlimited connections?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Alan Young
    > aryoung@veros.com
    >

    > Cisco PIX 520 Firewall PII 350 MHz
    > Model: PIX-520 Rev C0
    > 128 MB Ram
    > Two Ethernet Cards 10/100
    > Floppy Disk Drive
    > PIX Version 4.4(5)
    > Bios v3.3
    > Licensed Connections: 1024
    > This is captured file:
    > Finesse Bios V3.3
    > Booting Floppy
    > 128MB RAM
    > Flash=AT29C040A @ 0x300
    > mcwa i82559 Ethernet at irq 11 MAC: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > mcwa i82559 Ethernet at irq 10 MAC: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > || ||
    > || ||
    > |||| ||||
    > ..:||||||:..:||||||:..
    > c i s c o S y s t e m s
    > Private Internet eXchange
    > PIX Firewall
    >
    > PIX Version 4.4(5)
    > Licensed Connections: 1024
    > Maximum Interfaces : 6
    > Global ()will be Port Address Translated
    > Cryptochecksum(unchanged): c60b7852 a9d77cf1 1994b34c 2d9290aa
    > Copyright (c) 1996-1999 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

    • Re: Apple bitch-slapped by Library of Congress
      ... Copyright gives them to right to impose a EULA. ... a license merely to legally use that work. ... So if you sign a contract, but don't read the second page, you can ... cards to stand is by claiming that you're actually purchasing a license ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: same copy of xp on 2 computers?
      ... Purchasing a license is unconscionable, ... I am walking out of the store with a physical item I just ... pair of keys and a car, one knows they are renting the car (or ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Access Application Distribution Issue
      ... for purchasing details), you receive a license to distribute the Access ... this app uses MS ACCESS for Displaying Reports ONLY. ... > As a result every user will be requiring Access license.. ... Since my company is careful about Intellectual Property Rights ...
      (microsoft.public.access.devtoolkits)
    • Re: Windows XP Issue (Activation) III
      ... application is provided with a license restriction that clearly states ... that you do not OWN the software, you are only purchasing the right to USE ... unpaid installations of our product. ... licensing restrictions help any company? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: This would look good in PayPals UA! :-)
      ... >>You agree, if purchasing by credit card or charge card, that you ... >>violation of this license, and damages Company in ways impossible to ... >>fraud and confess such fraud. ...
      (alt.marketing.online.ebay)