RE: [fw-wiz] installing ISA server behind PIX firewall

From: George J. Jahchan (Firewall-Wizards@Compucenter.org)
Date: 03/28/03

    From: "George J. Jahchan" <Firewall-Wizards@Compucenter.org>
    To: "Firewall Wizards List" <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:06:56 +0200

    You can use ISA two ways: as an http cache only (one NIC) or as an http
    cache + NAT/Firewall (two or more NICs, one LAN, one WAN + DMZ if
    applicable).

    As shown in the diagram, it has two NICs, one connecting to the LAN and
    another to the PIX. By setting up your browser to auto-detect proxy you
    will be able to browse. But to access winsock services through ISA, you
    need to install the firewall client (from a network share on the ISA
    Server) on every host that needs such access.