[fw-wiz] An article from Peter Tippett/TruSecure...

From: Chuck Swiger (chuck@codefab.com)
Date: 03/09/03

    From: Chuck Swiger <chuck@codefab.com>
    To: "'firewall-wizards" <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 13:49:08 -0500

    http://www.globe.com/dailyglobe2/068/business/A_patch_for_IT_security_strategy+.shtml

    A brief excerpt:

    "For years, the focus of most security efforts has been centered on
    identifying and then fixing vulnerabilities in technology. The
    prevailing belief is that if a hole is found in the IT armor of an
    organization, it should be fixed immediately before it can be exploited
    by some cyber-deviant. While this approach sounds logical and
    effective, it is actually the beginning of a vicious cycle that occupies
    vast amounts of time and wastes several millions of corporate,
    government, and consumer dollars every year."

    --
    -Chuck
    ...with 507 emails to go; take one down, pass it around;

    • Re: Wasting your money and my time.
      ... >>As far as I can tell, the emails were sent individually (not in a mass ... > Now that would be hard for a harvesting bot to do. ... I don't see what's hard about extracting headers and inserting them in ... What technology could they possibly have in mind? ...
      (soc.singles.moderated)
    • Re: FOAK - BT Vision
      ... they're not on the bleeding edge of technology, they just want to tape some tv shows and send a few emails. ...
      (uk.rec.motorcycles)
    • Re: FOAK - BT Vision
      ... they're not on the bleeding edge of technology, they just want to tape ... some tv shows and send a few emails. ... Data Over Power? ...
      (uk.rec.motorcycles)
    • Re: OT: Paging Bruce (YTC)
      ... Conme on, what do you expect for 20th century technology. ... Get some Niagras and arrive in the 21st! ... *(Emails to the posted address will be ignored)* ...
      (uk.rec.motorcycles)