[fw-wiz] Microsoft ISA

From: Rob Beyman (robbeyman@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/08/03

    From: Rob Beyman <robbeyman@yahoo.com>
    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 20:35:53 -0800 (PST)

    Hello all,

    I have been contracted to manage the security for a
    site that is being built entirely on W2K servers. The
    development and infrastructure team that is working on
    the site have convinced the owners of the site that
    the only security they need is the services that come
    built into the ISA suite offered up by our friends at
    Microsoft.

    I'm not going to rant about how they should have
    brought a security person in on the beginning of the
    project, we all know that, but now that I'm here, I
    want to learn everything I can about this product
    before I make a recommendation. Obviously I'm checking
    bugtraq and CERT, etc, and I've gotten my hands on the
    MS Security Resource Kit... But what I'd really like
    is some real world input. Has anyone used this, and
    if so, is it as bad as I think it's going to be or is
    it just my prejudice from too much time spent plugging
    the holes that the worm of the month exploits showing
    through?

    Thanks and sorry the length of the mail.
    Bob

    • Re: Corrupt Lyubertsy Police caught on video planting drugs on John Robles
      ... Who da fecck is John Robles,, ... entirely built on falsehood. ... big governments and big banks, because if we start to undermine ... Once you have security, and big security, there is always a need ...
      (uk.legal)
    • Re: A big thank you to all the MVPs who do such a great job of support
      ... but in this case Microsoft can't win; ... If they built a product that pushes the ZoneAlarm, Symantec, McAfee and such ... (just like they did with Outlook, ... >>security and prevent the computer in being accessed from the ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook)
    • How NSA access was built into Windows
      ... The NSA access system is built into every version of the ... Windows operating system now in use, except early releases of Windows 95 (and ... security functions on other software systems had been deliberately crippled. ... The first discovery of the new NSA access system was made two years ago by ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: user groups
      ... network with multiple users? ... just tables in a shared folder on the network and multiple copies of another ... As for security, I don't generally recommend the built in user level ... If you need the former then the built in security is overkill in my opinion ...
      (microsoft.public.access.security)
    • Re: user groups
      ... have a lot more to learn about permissions. ... network with multiple users? ... As for security, I don't generally recommend the built in user level ... If you need the former then the built in security is overkill in my opinion ...
      (microsoft.public.access.security)