[fw-wiz] Microsoft ISA

From: Rob Beyman (robbeyman@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/08/03

    From: Rob Beyman <robbeyman@yahoo.com>
    To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 20:35:53 -0800 (PST)

    Hello all,

    I have been contracted to manage the security for a
    site that is being built entirely on W2K servers. The
    development and infrastructure team that is working on
    the site have convinced the owners of the site that
    the only security they need is the services that come
    built into the ISA suite offered up by our friends at
    Microsoft.

    I'm not going to rant about how they should have
    brought a security person in on the beginning of the
    project, we all know that, but now that I'm here, I
    want to learn everything I can about this product
    before I make a recommendation. Obviously I'm checking
    bugtraq and CERT, etc, and I've gotten my hands on the
    MS Security Resource Kit... But what I'd really like
    is some real world input. Has anyone used this, and
    if so, is it as bad as I think it's going to be or is
    it just my prejudice from too much time spent plugging
    the holes that the worm of the month exploits showing
    through?

    Thanks and sorry the length of the mail.
    Bob