Re: [fw-wiz] IPTables QUEUE target equivalency in other firewalls

From: Barney Wolff (barney@pit.databus.com)
Date: 02/26/03

    From: Barney Wolff <barney@pit.databus.com>
    To: Rod Marten <rod.marten@domail.maricopa.edu>
    Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:21:28 -0500

    ipfw certainly does, called divert. It's used by natd but is general
    and usable by others instead or in addition to natd.

    --
    Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
    I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.

    • Re: ipfw/nated stateful rules example
      ... I found it OK for stateful rules, as long as you don't use natd! ... packets went out including the natd in the middle. ... > ipfw add allow udp from any ntp to any in recv $ext_if ... > ipfw add allow udp from any to any ntp out xmit $ext_if ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: nat and ipfw
      ... packets to be translated. ... the packets to natd is one thing, ... > dsl and the other for an internal subnet. ... > ipfw configured and running. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: IPFW questions
      ... natd is a daemon userland process which performs way poorly than a kernel ... use ipfw for rest of packet filtering. ... > bdg_forward packets. ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • IPFW and NAT - blocking RFC 1918 ("unregistered") network that matches my own
      ... I am up and running with ipfw 2 and natd, but not all is quite well. ... I can't figure out how to block "spoofed" packets from the outside ... that use the same RFC 1918 network as the one I'm translating to. ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: Port forwarding with router, natd and firewall
      ... >> Check whether these packets are getting to the FreeBSD machine at all. ... The counters on the IPFW rule I specified in my last post are ... not the target). ... You want natd to handle it instead. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)