Re: [fw-wiz] Webex and the like

From: Gene Yoo (gyoo@attbi.com)
Date: 02/25/03

    From: Gene Yoo <gyoo@attbi.com>
    To: Steve Smith <sssmith@attglobal.net>, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
    Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 07:07:44 -0800

    Steve Smith wrote:
    > I hope this subject hasn't been harped on too much - I just joined your
    > group. Our corporation has blocked access to GoToMyPC and Webex due to
    > security concerns. As a firewall administrator, I had to block the IP
    > range of both sites. We have taken a lot of slack about the Webex site, all
    > of them saying it is "so very safe, since
    > all traffic is originated inside, and the security very granular". We even
    > have a vendor that states Webex is their only way of supporting their
    > product. How does everyone else feel about/handle Webex andsimilar sites?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Steve Smith

    unfortunately for me (since i work in a legal/government
    environment) they felt that almighty lawyers needed a medium
    to spend less money on travel and use the above. my hands
    are tied brother. they said that's why we hired you to keep
    the operation going... sigh

    --
    <<gyoo [at] attbi [dot] com>>

    • [fw-wiz] Webex and the like
      ... Our corporation has blocked access to GoToMyPC and Webex due to ... and the security very granular". ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Webex and the like
      ... >>Steve Smith wrote: ... Our corporation has blocked access to GoToMyPC and Webex due to ... > environment) they felt that almighty lawyers needed a medium ... An old CTO used to say security people have to ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: Webex
      ... I have been ask to look into Webex as well. ... security knowing as long as the user has port 80 access. ... the webex product. ...
      (Security-Basics)