[fw-wiz] Webex and the like

From: Steve Smith (sssmith@attglobal.net)
Date: 02/25/03

    From: "Steve Smith" <sssmith@attglobal.net>
    To: <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
    Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:16:37 -0500

    I hope this subject hasn't been harped on too much - I just joined your
    group. Our corporation has blocked access to GoToMyPC and Webex due to
    security concerns. As a firewall administrator, I had to block the IP
    range of both sites. We have taken a lot of slack about the Webex site, all
    of them saying it is "so very safe, since
    all traffic is originated inside, and the security very granular". We even
    have a vendor that states Webex is their only way of supporting their
    product. How does everyone else feel about/handle Webex andsimilar sites?

    Thanks,
    Steve Smith

    • Re: [fw-wiz] Webex and the like
      ... Steve Smith wrote: ... Our corporation has blocked access to GoToMyPC and Webex due to ... > all traffic is originated inside, and the security very granular". ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: Webex
      ... I have been ask to look into Webex as well. ... security knowing as long as the user has port 80 access. ... the webex product. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Whats Best, NetOp Remort Ctrl, PC Anywhere, GotoMy PC or Windows Remote Desktop
      ... The access anywhere pricing is cheaper than GotoMyPC. ... corporate rate. ... > Jason wrote: ... >> I use WebEx access anywhere for working from home. ...