RE: [fw-wiz] insecurity in internet connection thro cable modems

From: Bruce Platt (Bruce@ei3.com)
Date: 02/17/03

    From: Bruce Platt <Bruce@ei3.com>
    To: Bruce Platt <Bruce@ei3.com>, "'Noonan, Wesley'" <Wesley_Noonan@bmc.com>, 'Dave Mitchell' <dmitchell@viawest.net>
    Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:06:53 -0500

    A list member pointed out that I made en error in my original post.

    When removing the private key, the following is what should be used:

    # openssl rsa -in key.pem -out ca-private.key

    Regards

      ... On the PIX it is a single command ... BTW, you can also get it to work with MS Certificate Server, but the process ... > by using the laod button on the CA tab. ... >>> bunch of PIXen than it is to maintain a bunch of netscreens. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: [fw-wiz] insecurity in internet connection thro cable modems
      ... It's not hard to generate a free SSL cert for a Netscreen if you have access ... - Create a local certificate request on the netscreen you want to manage. ... I just kind of feel like netscreen is about where the PIX was 2 ... >> bunch of PIXen than it is to maintain a bunch of netscreens. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] insecurity in internet connection thro cable modems
      ... You should be able to create an IKE autonegotiated IPSec tunnel on the ... rsa or dsa keys for needed for SSH. ... it's not necessarily a great idea to be creating the CA cert on the PIX ... >>> bunch of PIXen than it is to maintain a bunch of netscreens. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: RSA vs AES
      ... > Verisign, MS took the extra burden of issuing a critical patch to ... > those stolen root CAs. ... if any of these other keys ever got compromised ... ... BBN Certificate Services ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: SSH vs. IKE trust models (was Re: Insecure IKE Implementations Clarification)
      ... >notebook, all the keys I need have already been stored, that's why I can ... Especially on university networks, you'll have to ... dsniff already handles the certificate case pretty well. ... >prohibitive ($200 per SSH server is a hefty price tag). ...
      (Bugtraq)