Re: [fw-wiz] Proxy Firewalls (was FWTK vs T.REX)

From: Marcus J. Ranum (mjr@ranum.com)
Date: 01/30/03

To: Matthew Kirkwood <matthew@hairy.beasts.org>, Javier Perez <javiergperez@yahoo.es>
From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr@ranum.com>
Date: Thu Jan 30 11:48:36 2003

I think FWTK is pretty obsolete.

For the various components of the package, there are better
"best of breed" implementations you can use; the only thing
you lose is common configuration.

FWTK I use now
ftp-gw FTP w/pasv origin only, squid for readonly
tn-gw ssh
http-gw squid, chrooted on a separate box
authentication ssh
smap postfix
plug-gw ssltunnel, plug-gw
dns bind, chrooted (finally)

mjr.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: hierarchy of interface/implementations.
    ... public interface MyInterface ... and I want to have several different implementations defined for it, ... package mycom.MyInterface; ... Two-level domain, e.g., lewscanon.com, for a product known as "Killer ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: [opensuse] Getting rid of systemd and putting sysv back
    ... Now obsolete for such purposes. ... Given the OS with systemd, ... package completeness ... sysvinit script any longer, build dependent or init script removed. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: hierarchy of interface/implementations.
    ... I think you mean interface. ... and I want to have several different implementations defined for it, ... You appear to be mixing up the package and class names. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: symbol locking
    ... Rahul> Some implementations provide this capability, ... Thomas> CLISP, ACL, and CMUCL all have package locks. ... The OP is asking for two features, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: use-package & name conflict: why they are not deferred?
    ... Some low-level changes are required which go beyond flexibility ... Common Lisp comes with a lot of flexibility built in. ... The implementations may provide even more flexibility. ... The package system does not have this flexibility. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)