Re: [fw-wiz] VMware (or else) in different areas/dmz

From: Paul D. Robertson (proberts@patriot.net)
Date: 01/29/03

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts@patriot.net>
To: Siebenkaes Stefan <Stefan.Siebenkaes@itellium.com>
Date: Wed Jan 29 09:29:19 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Siebenkaes Stefan wrote:

> What about your opinions on that?
> Does anybody run virtual machines in DIFFERENT zones?
> Are there any known security issues (besides bad configuration) on
> communication between virtual machines on VMWare or comparable
> software?

I don't know what your server platform is, but I've seen Linux 2.4.x
kernels switch interface order between reboots in a stock RH 8.0 setup.
First boot, it was eth0, now it's eth1- very fun for multihomed machines.

Paul
Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions
proberts@patriot.net which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
probertson@trusecure.com Director of Risk Assessment TruSecure Corporation

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] VMware (or else) in different areas/dmz
    ... > On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Siebenkaes Stefan wrote: ... >> What about your opinions on that? ... >> Does anybody run virtual machines in DIFFERENT zones? ... >> Are there any known security issues on ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: ZFS in VMs
    ... It's not impossible for virtual machines to be uncareful about making ... Expressed in this posting are my opinions. ... to opinions held by my employer, Sun Microsystems. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] VMware (or else) in different areas/dmz
    ... > we run a complex environment with a couple of firewalls. ... > There's need to deliver cheap services in different DMZ, zones, ... > on it and run 20 or 30 virtual machines on that thing. ... > is inside and services 4 webservers in different zones, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: zones and 127.0.0.1
    ... know if it would be available for traditional ip-shared zones. ... virtual machines represent a different ... solution space. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • [fw-wiz] VMware (or else) in different areas/dmz
    ... There's need to deliver cheap services in different DMZ, zones, ... LAN, outside, inside, everywehre. ... But now, "they" begin to intermix the zones, the VMware-machine ... Does anybody run virtual machines in DIFFERENT zones? ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)