Re: [fw-wiz] VMware (or else) in different areas/dmz

From: Paul D. Robertson (
Date: 01/29/03

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <>
To: Siebenkaes Stefan <>
Date: Wed Jan 29 09:29:19 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Siebenkaes Stefan wrote:

> What about your opinions on that?
> Does anybody run virtual machines in DIFFERENT zones?
> Are there any known security issues (besides bad configuration) on
> communication between virtual machines on VMWare or comparable
> software?

I don't know what your server platform is, but I've seen Linux 2.4.x
kernels switch interface order between reboots in a stock RH 8.0 setup.
First boot, it was eth0, now it's eth1- very fun for multihomed machines.

Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions which may have no basis whatsoever in fact." Director of Risk Assessment TruSecure Corporation