Re: [fw-wiz] VMware (or else) in different areas/dmz

From: Paul D. Robertson (proberts@patriot.net)
Date: 01/29/03

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts@patriot.net>
To: Siebenkaes Stefan <Stefan.Siebenkaes@itellium.com>
Date: Wed Jan 29 09:29:19 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Siebenkaes Stefan wrote:

> What about your opinions on that?
> Does anybody run virtual machines in DIFFERENT zones?
> Are there any known security issues (besides bad configuration) on
> communication between virtual machines on VMWare or comparable
> software?

I don't know what your server platform is, but I've seen Linux 2.4.x
kernels switch interface order between reboots in a stock RH 8.0 setup.
First boot, it was eth0, now it's eth1- very fun for multihomed machines.

Paul
Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions
proberts@patriot.net which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
probertson@trusecure.com Director of Risk Assessment TruSecure Corporation