Re: [fw-wiz] VMware (or else) in different areas/dmz

From: Attila Nagy (bra@fsn.hu)
Date: 01/29/03

From: Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
To: Siebenkaes Stefan <Stefan.Siebenkaes@itellium.com>
Date: Wed Jan 29 09:10:38 2003

Hello,

> But now, "they" begin to intermix the zones, the VMware-machine is
> inside (LAN) and services 4 webservers in different zones, some
> mail-gateways and so on. So physically the different zones are now
> connected. Logically, they are separated, because there's no (known!?)
> inter-virtual-machine-communication.
I have the same setup here (although there is no need for high security)
in the following way:
the host machine has two or more real NICs, each of them is connected to
the switch which serves the given network.
The host OS has "no network connection", which means the interfaces don't
have IP (nor anything else) addresses, there is no bridging, etc.

In VMWare the given virtual machines are bound to the given NICs.

Of course if there's a bug in VMWare (which is likely), you can override
this, but it may be suitable for many places...

----------[ Free Software ISOs - http://www.fsn.hu/?f=download ]----------
Attila Nagy e-mail: Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU) phone @work: +361 210 1415 (194)
                                                cell.: +3630 306 6758

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DNS name resolution via PPTP VPN
    ... and it has no primary or connection specific suffix it will not query dns if ... DNS server in remote location. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Multiple Forward Zones in domain
    ... Your computer will register its name ... both the domain zone and the connection specific zone. ... forward lookup zones represent domains. ... >>>> If that is the case, you could create a connection specific DNS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Networking Question - VLANs on SBS 2003 Premium SP1
    ... port on the old router so I now have a segregated WLAN. ... be sure you do not enable any DHCP server in internal network. ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ... On the Network Connection, You must enable and configure the network ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Shared folders are no longer visible
    ... Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection: ... Master browser name is: WOLFEKE ... It no longer shows any of the shared folders I ...
  • Re: Good wireless signal - but browser cannot find it?
    ... But his browser cannot find any connection and displays the error page ... to just plugging things in and letting Windows do all the rest! ... Right-click the wireless network connection, ... ping resolver1.opendns.com ...