Re: [fw-wiz] terminal services

From: Paul D. Robertson (
Date: 01/28/03

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <>
To: Duncan Sharp <>
Date: Tue Jan 28 17:39:30 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Duncan Sharp wrote:

> More information is certainly needed;

(Great list!)

> a: Can the target server be isolated from other hosts? Extranet
> b: Will this server have a separated Active Directory server?
> c: What applications are needed by external users?
> d: What applications are needed by internal users (admins)?
> e: Can the MS host administrators manage the separation of these different users?
> f: Is this just the only host, or are there more to come?
> g: Do you have a VPN? Maybe this is the time to propose one.
> h: Does someone have the responsibility to review Event log files on this host?

i: Can you implement a stringent security configuration for this host, and
will the admins be able to handle an updated patching and configuration

j: Can you turn on additional logging, and will the host have the space to
store those logs?

k: Can you add additional host-based security products and still have the
server function and be in budget?

l: Can the company deal with just-terminated employees who might have
access well?

Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions which may have no basis whatsoever in fact." Director of Risk Assessment TruSecure Corporation

Relevant Pages

  • "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Weird thing happens with reference a link
    ... I have two applications that host on server 2003. ... hyper link on one application that links to default page of the other ...
  • gdm hangs
    ... gdm will hang 9 of 10 times when logging out. ... with or without the client having been connected to the Server. ... # Timed login, useful for kiosks. ... Must output the chosen host on stdout, ...
  • problem with sendmail in solaris 9
    ... names that should be exposed as from this host, ... # save Unix-style "From_" lines at top of header? ... # work recipient factor ... # SMTP STARTTLS server options ...
  • Re: Add new cluster and use existing LUNs?
    ... Storport driver and Powerpath on all of our SAN host servers so we are trying ... In the end I think that I may play it cautious and create a new RAID group, ... > varied activity (DBMSes, Messaging Server, File Server, Web Servers, ... Some of the physical spindle limitations can be addressed through the SAN ...
  • Log corruption on multiple webservers, log analyzers,...
    ... Related RFC´s about Internet Host Names convention: ... To succesfully attack a server with “ILLC” technique is mandatory that web ... a machine with a host name as "" makes a request ... wouldn't appear in the access log file. ...