Re: [fw-wiz] terminal services

From: Paul D. Robertson (proberts@patriot.net)
Date: 01/28/03

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts@patriot.net>
To: Duncan Sharp <drsharp@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue Jan 28 17:39:30 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Duncan Sharp wrote:

> More information is certainly needed;

(Great list!)

> a: Can the target server be isolated from other hosts? Extranet
> b: Will this server have a separated Active Directory server?
> c: What applications are needed by external users?
> d: What applications are needed by internal users (admins)?
> e: Can the MS host administrators manage the separation of these different users?
> f: Is this just the only host, or are there more to come?
> g: Do you have a VPN? Maybe this is the time to propose one.
> h: Does someone have the responsibility to review Event log files on this host?

i: Can you implement a stringent security configuration for this host, and
will the admins be able to handle an updated patching and configuration
schedule?

j: Can you turn on additional logging, and will the host have the space to
store those logs?

k: Can you add additional host-based security products and still have the
server function and be in budget?

l: Can the company deal with just-terminated employees who might have
access well?

Paul
Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions
proberts@patriot.net which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
probertson@trusecure.com Director of Risk Assessment TruSecure Corporation

Relevant Pages

  • "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Weird thing happens with reference a link
    ... I have two asp.net applications that host on server 2003. ... hyper link on one application that links to default page of the other ...
  • gdm hangs
    ... gdm will hang 9 of 10 times when logging out. ... with or without the client having been connected to the Server. ... # Timed login, useful for kiosks. ... Must output the chosen host on stdout, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • problem with sendmail in solaris 9
    ... names that should be exposed as from this host, ... # save Unix-style "From_" lines at top of header? ... # work recipient factor ... # SMTP STARTTLS server options ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Add new cluster and use existing LUNs?
    ... Storport driver and Powerpath on all of our SAN host servers so we are trying ... In the end I think that I may play it cautious and create a new RAID group, ... > varied activity (DBMSes, Messaging Server, File Server, Web Servers, ... Some of the physical spindle limitations can be addressed through the SAN ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Log corruption on multiple webservers, log analyzers,...
    ... Related RFC´s about Internet Host Names convention: ... To succesfully attack a server with “ILLC” technique is mandatory that web ... a machine with a host name as "123.123.123.123" makes a request ... wouldn't appear in the access log file. ...
    (Bugtraq)