Re: [fw-wiz] terminal services

From: Paul D. Robertson (proberts@patriot.net)
Date: 01/28/03

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts@patriot.net>
To: Duncan Sharp <drsharp@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue Jan 28 17:39:30 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Duncan Sharp wrote:

> More information is certainly needed;

(Great list!)

> a: Can the target server be isolated from other hosts? Extranet
> b: Will this server have a separated Active Directory server?
> c: What applications are needed by external users?
> d: What applications are needed by internal users (admins)?
> e: Can the MS host administrators manage the separation of these different users?
> f: Is this just the only host, or are there more to come?
> g: Do you have a VPN? Maybe this is the time to propose one.
> h: Does someone have the responsibility to review Event log files on this host?

i: Can you implement a stringent security configuration for this host, and
will the admins be able to handle an updated patching and configuration
schedule?

j: Can you turn on additional logging, and will the host have the space to
store those logs?

k: Can you add additional host-based security products and still have the
server function and be in budget?

l: Can the company deal with just-terminated employees who might have
access well?

Paul
Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions
proberts@patriot.net which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
probertson@trusecure.com Director of Risk Assessment TruSecure Corporation