RE: [fw-wiz] Antivirus on a free UN*X (Linux/*BSD) platform

From: Bojan Zdrnja (Bojan.Zdrnja@FER.hr)
Date: 01/09/03

From: "Bojan Zdrnja" <Bojan.Zdrnja@FER.hr>
To: "'Shimon Silberschlag'" <shimons@bll.co.il>, <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
Date: Thu Jan  9 08:45:41 2003

To scan HTTPS, gateway has to practically do man-in-the-middle attack, what
IMHO has no sense.
I know some products claim they scan HTTPS but that ruins main idea about
authenticating both sides (client and server).

Best regards,

Bojan Zdrnja

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cannot access to Exchange 2007
    ... This may be more quickly answered in an ISA forum, as ISA seems to be the problem. ... Do check to make sure that the relevant ports aren't blocked - for HTTPS, 443, for HTTP, 80. ... In that case all clients with ISA1 as gateway can resolve Exchange name and mailboxes there). ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Antivirus on a free UN*X (Linux/*BSD) platform
    ... > Pls specify which gateway scans HTTPS. ... It does a MITM, and you need your own keys on the client to avoid ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Antivirus on a free UN*X (Linux/*BSD) platform
    ... I'm using trendmicro's viruswall, which can ... not smart enough to really handle https. ... Shimon Silberschlag wrote: ... > Pls specify which gateway scans HTTPS. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: How to use HTTPS with Sharepoint objects?
    ... "The server instance specified was not found, Please specify the ... TopologyManager topology = new TopologyManager.PortalUrls; ... This araise the same problem whith HTTPS. ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)
  • more SSL ports
    ... Internal web server will work on http (not https). ... 1.I can't use web publishing rule since I always have to specify a http ip / ... 2.I can publish server which listens on specified port (server ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)