RE: [fw-wiz] Antivirus on a free UN*X (Linux/*BSD) platform

From: Bojan Zdrnja (Bojan.Zdrnja@FER.hr)
Date: 01/08/03

From: "Bojan Zdrnja" <Bojan.Zdrnja@FER.hr>
To: "'David Lang'" <david.lang@digitalinsight.com>
Date: Wed Jan  8 09:39:27 2003

Yep, following list should support CVP. Mind that I didn't test them, but
Checkpoint FW-1 :)

Check Point FW-1 (you knew that already)
Nokia Firewall (Checkpoint on Nokia's hardware)
Digital AltaVista Firewall
Novell Bordermanager
TIS Gauntlet (I think NAI bought that)
Cyberguard Firewall

Best regards,

Bojan Zdrnja

Relevant Pages

  • RE: suggestions on a good firewall
    ... Cisco does not do ... BTW I never said I disliked Checkpoint, ... suggestions on a good firewall ... standards (Open Platform for Security) Is brought to you by Checkpoint ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re:RE : suggestions on a good firewall
    ... Subject: RE: suggestions on a good firewall ... CheckPoint does! ... with a url-filtering server. ... IT Technical Security Officer ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Antivirus on a free UN*X (Linux/*BSD) platform
    ... is there any firewall besides checkpoint that uses ... > Checkpoint FW-1:) ... providing a content scanning capability using the CVP API. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Antivirus on a free UN*X (Linux/*BSD) platform
    ... >> I want a TRANSPARENT antivirus check. ... > The best solution for you in this case is to use a firewall which supports ... > CVP. ... > In this case it'll probably be Checkpoint FW-1, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Firewall choice for web hosting
    ... I think your definition of flaws may be flawed. ... Most of the published Checkpoint "flaws" require a significant degree ... The other major "announcements" of flaws (RDP hack and GUI overflow ... Nokia IP-series firewall can be closed down to just Port 22 listening ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)