[fw-wiz] Stats on how common NAT is?

From: Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com)
Date: 12/14/02

From: Michael Still <mikal@stillhq.com>
To: fw-wiz <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
Date: Sat Dec 14 19:34:40 2002

Hello.

I work as a software developer, and there has been some discussion at work
as to how common NAT is in corporate environments (this affects whether we
use DCOM or not).

Does anyone have any pointers on how common NAT in corporate environments
is? Why are these people using NAT, is it solely the expense of real IPs,
or is it also for the added security?

Thanks,
Mikal

--
Michael Still (mikal@stillhq.com) | Stage 1: Steal underpants
http://www.stillhq.com            | Stage 2: ????

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Stats on how common NAT is?
    ... compliance with HIPAA. ... > as to how common NAT is in corporate environments (this affects whether we ... admin & senior security consultant: ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Stats on how common NAT is?
    ... > Does anyone have any pointers on how common NAT in corporate environments ... what networks in other countries look like. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)