Re: [fw-wiz] Outlook Web Access - Paranoid?

From: Paul D. Robertson (proberts@patriot.net)
Date: 11/26/02

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts@patriot.net>
To: "Mark L. Evans" <MEvans@CO.SLC.UT.US>
Date: Tue Nov 26 19:24:01 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Paul Robertson wrote:

> Let's not forget that you're now putting this server in the critical
> update path for every IIS, SQL and Exchange patch- can your mail users

Both Wes Noonan and Frank Knobbe have pointed out to me that I'm
hallucinating about SQL server being burried in Exchange. I still stand
by the rest of the rant...

Paul
Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal opinions
proberts@patriot.net which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."

Relevant Pages

  • RE: email content monitoring / effectiveness
    ... Exchange 2000 as if it was another MS SQL server. ... run some scripts periodically to grab the mails from Exchange 2000 to SQL. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: email content monitoring / effectiveness
    ... Exchange 2000 as if it was another MS SQL server. ... run some scripts periodically to grab the mails from Exchange 2000 to SQL. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: sqlservr.exe taking 90% of memory
    ... It might be worth asking this on an sql server specific newsgroup. ... database server every 30 minutes, which if you are having a slowdown at 45 ... exchange stores to a different partition along with the swap file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: MSDE does not react any more
    ... If it never hangs up except when Exchange is running, ... Both are big memory users, and the error is a memory type ... Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Outlook Web Access - Paranoid?
    ... Since I'm an Exchange 2000 systems administrator I thought I'd clear up ... An OWA server needs access to the GC's and the backend servers. ... SQL server is not required (they are talking about using the SQL server ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)