[fw-wiz] Re: Proxy and Stateful together ??

From: Jean Caron (caronj@norac.net)
Date: 11/16/02

From: "Jean Caron" <caronj@norac.net>
To: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts@patriot.net>
Date: Sat Nov 16 18:48:01 2002

Paul, and all you wizards,

In regards to the paragraph at the bottom, I did in fact get many replies,
most off-list. Here to summarize what I got, as asked;

Suprisingly, it was not much of a flood. Aside from the obvious open source
solutions, which I too like best, but eh... and since this must be a
*commercial* / *supported* firewall (sorry, requirement not clearly defined
my original post), Cyberguard seems to be the number one choice. Watchguard
firebox also appeared a few times. FW-1 too. And, ah yeah, Microsoft ISA was
suggested too. uh...no thanks, I don't own a mouse. <wink><wink>

For the record, it's understood that I personally haven't tested or even
looked at the above mentioned firewalls for functionality yet, but I will,
soon. So for now, they are listed in no other specific order, well ok, in
the "most replied for" order... there.

Jean

Paul D. Robertson writes:

> On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Bennett Todd wrote:
>
> [Moderator's note: There have been lots of product recommendations, I
> hope the original questioner will summarize them all for the list early
> next week, so we don't have a flood of "I like $product" messages.
> Vendors are encouraged to e-mail the original questioner directly should
> they feel the requirements are met with their respective products.]

<snip>

Relevant Pages

  • [SUMMARY] spam solution for Solaris 8 sendmail hub system
    ... I have received an incredible number of responses to my question in a ... have received so many replies, I have decided to post a summary rather ... to use Spam Assassin. ... > I will summarize, ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Do I have to show an inspector my ticket?
    ... There is something in the settings Paul uses that has caused the email ... And as I said to Paul, if you put a usable Reply-To header in, you ... I have left the box ticked, so Eric should get a direct email. ... direct email replies please turn off the Reply-To header in your posts. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Wheel-reinvention with Python
    ... >> have tried wxPython". ... Paul, ... with both your reading of posts and with your replies. ... is you end up trying to defend your earlier statements, which, due to ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Guyots Indicate: World Wide Flood
    ... Paul J Gans wrote: ... these are the types of replies one can expect when ... crushingly stupid trolling posts. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Send on Behalf
    ... and specify the Have Replies Send To option. ... "PAUL P." wrote in message ... >>>> My bosses secretary has send on behalf enabled and all works fine. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)