[fw-wiz] Cross-Platform Analysis, Reporting and Monitoring Software Solution

From: Dave Piscitello (dave@corecom.com)
Date: 11/15/02

From: Dave Piscitello <dave@corecom.com>
To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Date: Fri Nov 15 10:06:17 2002

Have any of you trialed or used some of the recently announced "security
information management" software? Cisco's made some announcements, and I
saw a news clip about eIQnetworks? I'm curious just how much "analysis"
these do - is it summary reporting and modest trending, or something more?

(i'll send the URL to anyone, but I don't want to be hammered for
vendor-promotion)

David M. Piscitello
Core Competence, Inc. &
3 Myrtle Bank Lane
Hilton Head, SC 29926
dave@corecom.com
843.689.5595
www.corecom.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Departure monitors
    ... the wretched security and other announcements still played. ... The question was asked as to why announcements still had to play ... It _is_ a requirement by Transec, ... at a station the size of Southampton Central ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Reflections on Trusting Trust
    ... The concept of even a security officer key ... sign a security advisory. ... and the release announcements have included release checksums. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Too much information!
    ... You only need to look at the impact of security alerts on the service just because people have left bags, boxes and other items lying around. ... If this is true, the announcements are a Bad Thing; if not, they're a Good Thing. ... But it has long been axiomatic in human factor research that too many warnings causes people to start ignoring the warnings. ... I know that at my local station when I hear "this is a special announcement" it means just the opposite and I can safely tune out. ...
    (uk.transport.london)
  • Re: Seatbelts
    ... and the TOCs own arse-covering ... announcements about safety - they are somewhat different beasts (e.g. ... That's a good point -- the security bods don't seem to have moved on ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Departure monitors
    ... Much like the irritating "security" announcements. ... Are the ToCs told what to say in the announcements? ... Despite being told repeatedly that any unattended bags will be destroyed by The Security Services, it's a long way for MI5 to come. ...
    (uk.railway)