Re: [fw-wiz] Mainframes on the Net?

From: Barney Wolff (barney@tp.databus.com)
Date: 11/13/02

From: Barney Wolff <barney@tp.databus.com>
To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Date: Wed Nov 13 13:31:16 2002

The following is hearsay, and I may not even be remembering what I
heard correctly.

A buddy with a clearance told me that NSA was ok with LPAR separation,
as long as things that should not communicate did not share physical
DASD.

Take that for what it's worth. Made me give up fighting mainframes
on the web, as it was a lost cause anyway.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Meganet on Cryptogram again
    ... anyone with an active SCI clearance could ... Newbies can indeed be cheaply hired. ... NSA and was turned down. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: NSA Spy Program Predates 9-11 by 8 Months
    ... contractor, and can reassure you, that NSA has no boundries and has ... special access clearance TS/SCI/full-scope poly clearance can be ... security forced him to take a psychological test, and of course, ... I was at the NSA in Ft. Meade in the late 80's installing a system there. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Flying with helmet
    ... "Buddy died?" ... While giving WUN his due for remembering a rather interesting case, ... have a thought of what this numpty did. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Meganet on Cryptogram again
    ... This includes the NSA itself. ... janitors has his security clearance. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: NSA Spy Program Predates 9-11 by 8 Months
    ... contractor, and can reassure you, that NSA has no boundries and has ... special access clearance TS/SCI/full-scope poly clearance can be ... logic was that they would rather have NSA employees drink, "on campus", ... having sex one night, with a cleaning lady, on his couch in his office. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)