RE: [fw-wiz] Mainframes on the Net?

From: Noonan, Wesley (Wesley_Noonan@bmc.com)
Date: 11/13/02

From: "Noonan, Wesley" <Wesley_Noonan@bmc.com>
To: "'Don Kendrick'" <don@netspys.com>, firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Date: Wed Nov 13 12:03:17 2002

I don't get it either. As for the fight, I lost it. In my case though it was
"people want to run network management software on mainframes, you just
don't get the big picture". No, apparently I don't.

Oh, and from my perspective if the S/390 is running Linux, Websphere or
Apache (or windows, or whatever else you want to run on it) then it most
certainly has been hacked. Reminds me of a saying my biker uncles had.
"There are two kinds of riders, those who have hit the ground and those who
will". Same thing goes for hacks. There are those systems which have been
hacked and those that will be hacked.

Enjoy the battle :-)

Wes Noonan, MCSE/CCNA/CCDA/NNCSS
Senior QA Rep.
BMC Software, Inc.
(713) 918-2412
wnoonan@bmc.com
http://www.bmc.com

  • Re: OT- Well, Barbarella was _way_ more sexy.
    ... In fact, the Iraqi Shiites may invite them in, to help them fight the ... Sunnis, and help them throw us out. ... Iraq up into three separate little nations, one for each of the sects ...
    (sci.space.history)
  • Re: OT- Need advice --Not about soaps
    ... I have been working with a dog trainer. ... The 3 rd is to keep them in separate cages and only let them out ... Were you in the room when their fight began? ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs)