[fw-wiz] live365

From: Dave Piscitello (dave@corecom.com)
Date: 11/11/02

From: Dave Piscitello <dave@corecom.com>
To: firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com
Date: Mon Nov 11 17:56:01 2002

Has anyone seen the behavior of what I believe is live365 affiliated
internet radio stations?

Symptom is outbound requests to (what seems to be dynamic) ports in the
20666, 20668 range.

I noticed this when windows media player repeatedly complained that an
internet radio channel could not be reached. I'm curious whether anyone's
identified whether live365 uses only these 2 ports (the only ones I've seen
thus far), or whether there is an entire range, and for what purpose.

David M. Piscitello
Core Competence, Inc. &
3 Myrtle Bank Lane
Hilton Head, SC 29926
dave@corecom.com
843.689.5595
www.corecom.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What Ports are used for??
    ... as users complain about other services they cannot use, ... > What ports are used for Internet Radio, AIM, Yahoo, Real ... Windows Media to listen to live music over the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: What Ports are used for??
    ... and then open -only- those ports you need. ... Melbourne ... > What ports are used for Internet Radio, AIM, Yahoo, Real ... Windows Media to listen to live music over the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)