RE: [fw-wiz] wanted: Cisco PIX Management Tool

From: Noonan, Wesley (Wesley_Noonan@bmc.com)
Date: 10/22/02

From: "Noonan, Wesley" <Wesley_Noonan@bmc.com>
To: "'DocValde@gmx.de'" <DocValde@gmx.de>, firewall-wizards@nfr.com
Date: Tue Oct 22 10:52:00 2002

There are a number of tools that do this (both free and fee). If you check
the archives, I know that this subject has come up more than once. BMC
Software makes a PIX Firewall KM (PATROL for Cisco Secure PIX Firewall) that
does PIX management[1]. I believe that NetIQ also makes something in their
Webtrends product line that also does PIX management. Not sure if Pentasafe
has anything... they might be IDS centric.

HTH

Wes Noonan, MCSE/CCNA/CCDA/NNCSS
Senior QA Rep.
BMC Software, Inc.
(713) 918-2412
wnoonan@bmc.com
http://www.bmc.com

[1] I work for BMC Software, however I do not work on the PIX solutions.

  • [NEWS] Cisco PIX Firewall Manager Password Disclosure Vulnerability
    ... Cisco PIX Firewall Manager Password Disclosure Vulnerability ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... standard Windows NT workstation or server that serves as the management ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Vulnerability: Cisco PIX Firewall Manager
    ... Subject: Vulnerability: Cisco PIX Firewall Manager ... saved in plaintext on the management station. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • RE: Nokia IP650 vs Cisco PIX 525
    ... pix CAN ALSO BE MANAGED AND CONFIGURED USING CSPM. ... Information Management ... Pix also has the PDM for GUI configuration. ... EAPH>Cisco Secure Scanner and Cisco Secure ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Server manchmal nicht =?UTF-8?B?w7xiZXIgUkRQIGVycmVpY2hiYXI=?=
    ... Both the host and the server can set the maximum segment size when they first establish a connection. ... If either maximum exceeds the value you set with the sysopt connection tcpmss command, then the PIX firewall overrides the maximum and inserts the value you set. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.general)
  • [NEWS] Weak Cisco PIX Enable Password Encryption Algorithm
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The encryption algorithm used by Cisco PIX Firewall software to encrypt ...
    (Securiteam)