[fw-wiz] Firewall Utilization

From: Joe Keegan (joe@jjk3.com)
Date: 10/15/02

From: Joe Keegan <joe@jjk3.com>
Date: Tue Oct 15 15:12:02 2002

I was curious if anyone would be willing to share the average
utilization (CPU/Mem) of their firewalls and the average amount of
traffic they deal with.

After working with a few different companies firewalls, I have found
that most are under utilized and often less expensive models could of
sufficed. If you are not willing to share your utilization details,
could you comment on your general experience with firewall utilization.

Thanks

Joe

Joe Keegan - joe@jjk3.com - (408)242-4588
SANS GSEC & GCFW, CCSE, CCNA, CCDA, Sun Certified

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall Utilization
    ... > After working with a few different companies firewalls, ... If you are not willing to share your utilization details, ... outages are probably more costly to most businesses than extra capacity. ... helps the balance sheets a lot more than $15,000 of up-front expense, then ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re:[fw-wiz] Firewall Utilization
    ... >After working with a few different companies firewalls, ... >that most are under utilized and often less expensive models could of ... just average CPU and memory utilization)? ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • [fw-wiz] RE: Firewall Utilization
    ... Sun e250 with Solaris 2.7 ... Enterprise VPN network is my concern, and boy am I glad I have the RAM ... > After working with a few different companies firewalls, ... If you are not willing to share your utilization details, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall Utilization
    ... CPU utilization is sitting at about 60% right now, ... On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Joe Keegan wrote: ... > After working with a few different companies firewalls, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)