Re: [fw-wiz] securing .NET

From: Mikael Olsson (mikael.olsson@clavister.com)
Date: 10/02/02

From: Mikael Olsson <mikael.olsson@clavister.com>
To: Shimon Silberschlag <shimons@bll.co.il>
Date: Wed Oct  2 15:53:01 2002

Shimon Silberschlag wrote:

> Since all the servers in the various layers are members of a single
> .NET AD domain, they need to "chat" extensively, using multiple
> protocols. They can also use HTTP through SOAP etc.

I'm sorry to say it, but attempting to put up bulkheads between
different parts of an AD tree/forest is pretty much an exercise
in futility. They all need to be allowed to talk SMB to a
domain/tree controller. If an attacker is allowed to do _that_,
you can basically assume "game over".

--
Mikael Olsson, Clavister AB
Storgatan 12, Box 393, SE-891 28 ÖRNSKÖLDSVIK, Sweden

Relevant Pages

  • Singles Site Invite
    ... Get your free membership and profile upload your picture and fill out ... Search for other members living near your ... Full Featured Video Chat ...
    (uk.singles)
  • Singles Site Invite
    ... Get your free membership and profile upload your picture and fill out ... Search for other members living near your ... Full Featured Video Chat ...
    (soc.couples)
  • Re: ChoralTalk/rec.music.makers.choral gateway deactivated
    ... half-decent Usenet news service for just one group? ... and I post/receive directly to/from Microsoft's news servers, but last time I checked on other news-servers, completion was spotty. ... We are using it as a way for members of our choir to discuss ...
    (rec.music.makers.choral)
  • Re: PvP, RP and immersiveness
    ... they refer to servers, the queue, levels, boss loot tables, ... When I refer to "PvPers", ... This is actually explicitly stated in the RP server chat policy on the ... Blizzard site, but Blizzard is inconsistent about enforcing it. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Anyone game for RFC chat?
    ... Mark Thorson wrote: ... actually participate in chat. ... there are currently 85 members. ... Andy. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)