RE: [fw-wiz] Netscreen email logging

From: Philip J. Koenig (pjklist@ekahuna.com)
Date: 09/27/02

From: "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To: Juhani Lahti <juhani.lahti@songnetworks.fi>
Date: Fri Sep 27 20:18:01 2002

On 27 Sep 2002 at 15:43, Juhani Lahti boldly uttered:

> I have 5XP and get logs and alerts. In the begining(when you are just
> installed your NetScreen) NetScreen doesn't send any logs to you , I don't
> know why.
> I got my first logs about two days after installation.
>
> Remember enable logging, when you create security policies.

Yes logging is enabled - ie various policies have "permit log count"
or "deny log count" at the end. (I configure primarily via CLI)

In the case of the 5XP, it has been sitting there for months without
sending logs.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Phil

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WMI trace log
    ... Double-click Performance Logs and Alerts. ... >> If the WMI Performance Adapter service is disabled, ... >> When the command prompt opens type or paste: ...
  • Re: WMI trace log
    ... Click Counter Logs, Trace Logs, or Alerts. ... >>> You can disable the WMI Performance Adapter service in Services. ... >>> If the WMI Performance Adapter service is disabled, ...
  • Re: OT (Slightly) ZoneAlarm Problem
    ... When ZA blocks something it logs what it did and what program/process was doing the Bad Thing that triggered it. ... You may need to look under both programs and firewall on the Alerts and Logs page. ... It may be something as simple as an active-X or Java control, media player, or other plugin trying to fire up that you told ZA wasn't allowed to run on your machine via the internet. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: How to stop performance logging in Perfmon?
    ... Performance Logs and Alerts collects data in a comma-separated or tab-separated format for easy import to spreadsheet programs. ... A binary log-file format is also provided for circular logging or for logging instances such as threads or processes that might begin after the log starts collecting data. ...
  • Re: Email Alerts Error
    ... Can users get alerts delivered to MySite? ... addresses are correct...no other messages in the SQL logs of event logs on ... Database appears to be offline or tables are locked ... A_2) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Alerts.j.a(String A_0, SqlParameter[] ...