RE: [fw-wiz] Personal/Host-based Firewalls

From: Nieveler, Juergen (Juergen.Nieveler@akzonobeldeco.de)
Date: 09/26/02

From: "Nieveler, Juergen" <Juergen.Nieveler@akzonobeldeco.de>
To: "'Ames, Neil'" <NAmes@anteon.com>, "Firewall-Wizards (E-mail)" <firewall-wizards@honor.icsalabs.com>
Date: Thu Sep 26 07:37:01 2002

> I have begun investigating personal/host-based firewalls for
Windows
> 2K *Server*, with the hope of finding a solid, reliable, fast product
> that I can easily manage in an environment of distributed remote
> offices (in which I have limited access to the systems, or administration
> through someone else's eyes and ears).

What do you want to achieve with such a "firewall"? If people are supposed
to use the server, you have to open those ports that they need to use.

As for ports that they DON'T need to use - why install something on a server
that isn't used anyway?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
Juergen Nieveler

--
This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.